Anyone got a yacc template generator ?

Gianni Mariani <gianni@engr.sgi.com>
19 May 1997 23:22:14 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Anyone got a yacc template generator ? gianni@engr.sgi.com (Gianni Mariani) (1997-05-19)
Re: Anyone got a yacc template generator ? markagr@aol.com (1997-05-22)
Re: Anyone got a yacc template generator ? cfc@world.std.com (1997-05-22)
Re: Anyone got a yacc template generator ? kadhim@spock.cs.colorado.edu (Basim Kadhim) (1997-05-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Gianni Mariani <gianni@engr.sgi.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 May 1997 23:22:14 -0400

After the bazillionth time I've written an application using yacc I've
come to the brink of writing a grammer -> application template
generator and I thought before I go spend time on this effort, I would
like to know if one is available. I have not come across one in my
time so I may be tracking new territory.

So, the yacc application template generator will take a simple xxx.y
file probably a slightly modified grammer and generate all headers,
types, enums - whatever to create a most of a running program that
generates an ``internal'' representation of an input to the grammer.
By no means do I think this will be the most useful data structure
*BUT* I do think that for some of the applications I have written and
the one I'm looking at now, it has a good chance of being a very
interesting starting point.

Any and all ideas are solicited.

--
Silicon Graphics - Globalization R&D