Re: Writing Assembler! (rickn)
17 May 1997 00:03:57 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Writing Assembler! (Khoo Kiak Wei) (1997-05-13)
Re: Writing Assembler! (1997-05-14)
Re: Writing Assembler! (Clark L. Coleman) (1997-05-16)
Re: Writing Assembler! (1997-05-17)
Re: Writing Assembler! (Ben Bullock) (1997-05-17)
Re: Writing Assembler! (1997-05-17)
Re: Writing Assembler! (Mr J R Hall) (1997-05-22)
Re: Writing Assembler! (JUKKA) (1997-05-22)
Re: Writing Assembler! (Charles Fiterman) (1997-05-22)
Re: Writing Assembler! (1997-05-25)
[13 later articles]
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (rickn)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 May 1997 00:03:57 -0400
>Khoo Kiak Wei wrote:
>> I am planning to write a generic assembler, as a work of learning
>> flex and bison. However, after reading a book on Lex and Yacc, I am
>> still confused on how should I start!?
>> If any of you know of any sample code on assembler or good books talking
>> on the assembler construction, I would like to hear from you please!

80386 ?

I am just a few inches away from finishing a machinelanguage generator
in QBASIC. Since it is in QBASIC everybody could easily understand it!
At my homepage you find further pointers. And I can tell you that if
you are not into C++ that you can not find a 8086 assembler source as
far as I know( otherwise GNU has one and of course there is NASM)

[ preserve with caution: I do not usually advertise it a lot!]