Re: Looking for optimization survey papers

roth@noel.cs.rice.edu (Jerry Roth)
17 May 1997 00:03:18 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for optimization survey papers psmith@cs.ubc.ca (1997-05-13)
Re: Looking for optimization survey papers Philippe.Coucaud@scinfo.u-nancy.fr (1997-05-16)
Re: Looking for optimization survey papers roth@noel.cs.rice.edu (1997-05-17)
Re: Looking for optimization survey papers hdlambri@mailbox.syr.edu (Henry D. Lambright) (1997-05-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: roth@noel.cs.rice.edu (Jerry Roth)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 May 1997 00:03:18 -0400

Peter Smith <psmith@cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
> As part of a literature review, I'm attempting to find
>some survey papers that give good coverage of:
..snip..
> 2) Modern optimization techniques (in particular,
> machine dependent optimizations).

Here is a pretty good survey paper from 1994. I'm not sure if the URL
for the TR is still valid or not.

Regards,

Jerry Roth
roth@cs.rice.edu
http://www.cs.rice.edu/~roth

----------------------

@Article{BGS:Survey,
Author = {D. F. Bacon and S. L. Graham and O. J. Sharp},
Title = {Compiler Transformations for High-Performance
Computing},
Journal = {ACM Computing Surveys},
Volume = 26,
Number = 4,
Pages = {345--420},
Month = Dec,
Year = 1994,
URL = {ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/ucb/parallel/survey-csd-93-781.ps.Z},
Keyword = {compilation, optimization, locality, vectorization,
dependence analysis, parallelism}}
% also Berkeley Tech Report No. UCB/CSD-93-781
[Sigh. I wish people would spend five minutes and check the URL. It's
now ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/ucb/parallel/survey.ps. -John]