Re: Graphics Compilers?

Karsten Nyblad <>
20 Apr 1997 12:07:57 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Graphics Compilers? (JUKKA) (1997-04-18)
Re: Graphics Compilers? (1997-04-20)
Re: Graphics Compilers? (Karsten Nyblad) (1997-04-20)
Re: Graphics Compilers? (peter meyer) (1997-04-20)
Re: Graphics Compilers? (1997-04-20)
Re: Graphics Compilers? (1997-04-22)
Re: Graphics Compilers? (Daniel Neri) (1997-04-22)
Re: Graphics Compilers? (1997-05-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Karsten Nyblad <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Apr 1997 12:07:57 -0400

JUKKA wrote:
> Is there any compiler that takes some kind of a graphics
> representation as an input and produces from that the code?
> The idea would be not to use some language characters but some other
> level of abstraction. For example flow charts directly to produce
> code? When we now have also GUI's. I know that they use relay graphs
> in industry to generate PLC programs. But that is only limited to
> industy automation.

Some tools for the SDL specification language generate C, C++ or some
other high level languages from SDL specifications. These
specifications are flow char like with algebra specifications of data
types and object orientation for structuring programs. Check for vendors.

(SDL is a huge specification language designed by International
Telecommunications Union (ITU) for specifying phone systems and other
telecommunication systems. ITU is a sub body of United Nations and
writes standards.)

Karsten Nyblad
Tele Danmark R&D