Re: Lex/Yacc Tools for Delphi

mcargal@mindspring.com (Mike Cargal)
18 Apr 1997 00:43:52 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Lex/Yacc Tools for Delphi cerebus@islandnet.com (Michael Heacock) (1997-04-16)
Re: Lex/Yacc Tools for Delphi mcargal@mindspring.com (1997-04-18)
Re: Lex/Yacc Tools for Delphi ephram@ear.Psych.Berkeley.EDU (Ephram Cohen) (1997-04-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: mcargal@mindspring.com (Mike Cargal)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Apr 1997 00:43:52 -0400

Michael Heacock <cerebus@islandnet.com> wrote:

>I'm looking for Lex/Yacc tools for Delphi. I relaize that there
>is a TP Lex/Yacc for Turbo Pascal 6.0. I've been experimenting
>with it somewhat, but it is not easily suitable for Delphi. It
>takes quite a bit of work to import the code into Delphi and
>then more work altering the code so that it functions properly
>under Delphi (there have been language changes).

I've had good results using Visual Parse++ from Sandstone
Technologies. Seems like they usually have an ad in Software
Development (& maybe Dr. Dobbs) I can look up the contact info if you
need. Another plus is you can test out your grammar by parsing an
input file in the visual environment used to write and compile the
grammar. It produces a visual Parse Tree of the result. This way you
have done much of the verification of the grammar before you actually
start your coding.

later... mike