Compiler positions available for week ending April 13
13 Apr 1997 21:40:22 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending April 13 (2003-04-13)
Compiler positions available for week ending April 13 (1997-04-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,
Date: 13 Apr 1997 21:40:22 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 97 12:45:34 EDT
From: (s.s.jinturkar)
Subject: jobs at Lucent

Lucent Technologies (formerly part of AT&T) is a world class developer
of digital signal processors (DSP) for the telecommunications
industry. Lucent is experiencing unprecedented growth as part of the
wireless and Internet revolutions. We develop our own leading-edge
in-house software tools to aid the programming of the DSP devices.
Currently we are looking for:

Compiler Engineer - design, implement and test state-of-the-art
optimization techniques such as loop unrolling, instruction scheduling,
software pipelining, memory-access coalescing etc. for the next
generation DSP architecture. Will work closely with architecture group
to optimize the system design with best tradeoffs between compiler and
the architecture.

In adition, person should be familiar with the interaction of the
compiler with other software tools such as the assembler, debugger
etc. Background in development of compilers for DSP's is a plus.

Requirements for the above position:
  o MS or Ph.D degree in Computer Science.
  o Understanding of compiler construction and optimization theory.
  o Design and implementation experience in compiler optimizations in a
        retargetable compiler
  o Background in computer architecture and processor micro-architecture
  o Experience in working in teams

  To apply for this position please send resume:

                              Lincoln Fajardo
Room 55E-227
Bell Laboratories
                              Lucent Technologies
                              1247 S. Cedar Crest Blvd.
                              Allentown, PA 18103-6209

                              Fax: 610-712-2790

Lucent Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:02:49 -0500 (CDT)
From: (the shadow)
Subject: Compiler jobs at Intel in Oregon

Compiler Engineering opportunities at Intel in Oregon

We have positions, in Oregon, for experienced engineers interested in
working on various aspects of a product compilers. Some positions
require very expert knowledge of compilers, other require only a high
level knowledge of software tools including compilers.

We have immediate openings in compiler development, engineering
support, technical marketing, and some directed research and
development to support future processor architectures.

Our team develops very advanced compiler products currently used by
companies with products seeking performance advantages through the use
of superior compiler technology to build their products. Our team is
growing due to increased demand for our product and we are seeking
motivated and flexible compiler engineers with strong programming and
problem solving skills.

The ideal candidate for our team will have:
Strong problem solving skills
C programming experience
Working knowledge of software design
Knowledge of compilers
Strong desire to work on real products

Other desirable qualifications include:
Compiler development experience
Customer interaction experience
Experience with Win/NT
Knowledge of C++
Knowledge of computer architecture
Knowledge of Fortran
Performance analysis/benchmarking experience

We offer a very competitive salary, excellent benefits and a relocation

Please submit an ASCII text resume to

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 13:55:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: (Rory Keller)
Subject: Compiler SW Engineer - Oakland, CA

*** Compiler engineer is needed for this 200+ employee Oakland, CA area
company. Help lead the design and development of the next generation of
cross-development C and C++ compilers, backends and GNU toolchains for a
variety of target architectures hosted on UNIX and Win32 platforms. Company
is doing very well. Come into a great atmosphere were integrity and
enthusiasm are part of the regular beat.
          * BSEE/BSCS
          * 2+ years compiler design or maintenance experience
          * UNIX
          * RT operating systems, GNU GCC G++ Clearcase experience desirable
          Rory Keller, Sunday & Associates, 800 456-1344
          Resumes: fax: 800 753-6788

See additional positions at:

  Rory Keller, Sunday & Associates, 800 456-1344
P. O. Box 847
Petaluma, CA 94953
                      fax: 800 753-6788