|National Compiler Infrastructure Bird's of a Feather at PLDI '97 email@example.com (1997-04-07)|
|Date:||7 Apr 1997 15:04:41 -0400|
|Organization:||CCnet Communications (510-988-7140 guest)|
National Compiler Infrastructure Bird's of a Feather at PLDI '97
Sunday, June 15th, 7:00 PM
Alexis Parker Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada
(PLDI'97 Conference Hotel, Room to be announced)
The time has finally arrived! After many proposals and reports
from the compiler community, a common compiler infrastructure is
now being funded by ARPA and NSF to help compiler researchers. The
purpose of this infrastructure is to:
* Allow compiler researchers to concentrate on their areas of interest
without having to reinvent common, standard components of
* Accelerate the development of compilers and system software for new
machines and architectures.
* Allow compiler researchers to make fair comparisons with the work of
others, without reimplementing previous work.
* Allow researchers and early users to test new compiler techniques
and algorithms within the context of a robust compiler with
multiple front-ends and back-ends.
* Improve education in compilers by providing a stable, robust model
* Facilitate the transfer of good compiler research ideas to computer
and compiler industries.
This BOF will describe the infrastructure that is being funded.
Dr. Jack Davidson (University of Virginia) and Dr. Monica Lam
(Stanford University) will describe their components of the
infrastructure. Then, the floor will be opened up for comments and
input from the compiler community.
For this infrastructure to work, input is needed from you!!!
Check the bulletin board at PLDI for more details!
For additional information/questions, contact:
Jack Davidson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Monica Lam (email@example.com)
For full information on PLDI'97, the ACM SIGPLAN Conference on
Programming Language Design and Implementation, visit
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.