Re: RDP on Minix-386 (Richard A. O'Keefe)
30 Jan 1997 22:34:31 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
RDP on Minix-386 (1997-01-26)
Re: RDP on Minix-386 (1997-01-29)
Re: RDP on Minix-386 (1997-01-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Richard A. O'Keefe)
Newsgroups: comp.os.minix,comp.compilers
Date: 30 Jan 1997 22:34:31 -0500
>some functions were called with more arguments than its limit.
>Although I have gotten past that problem, I am curious to know if I am
>correct in the assumption that the ANSI spec. explicitly permits a
>limit for the number of arguments to a variadic function? If so, I
>can report the problem as a legitimate "bug" which needs my fix :-). Translation limits
      -- 31 arguments in one function call.

The C standard does indeed explicitly give a limit for the number
of arguments to *any* call. If the ACK compiler accepts 31 arguments
and rejects 32, it is within its rights, and you should thank it for
telling you about a portability problem in the code.

Richard A. O'Keefe;; RMIT Comp.Sci.