Java Compilers

Justin MacDonald <r5hn@unb.ca>
29 Jan 1997 12:05:45 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Java Compilers r5hn@unb.ca (Justin MacDonald) (1997-01-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Justin MacDonald <r5hn@unb.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Jan 1997 12:05:45 -0500

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some help tracking down references and
this seemed like the best newsgroup to contact.

I'm working on my honours thesis, the focus of which is
syntactic error-reporting (and recovery) in java compilers. Now, in
that regard, I have heard that Sun will provide validation of my Java
compiler if I wrote one and submitted it to them. Does anyone know if
a set of their criteria for validation is publically available?
Obviously I am mainly interested in any error-reporting criteria
within the larger set, but I would like to get my hands on a full set
of the criteria if possible.

Secondly, I have found a couple of papers discussing the
theory on what minimum messages a compiler should provide to the
programmer in the event of errors in the input code, but I would be
extremely greatful if anyone had any particular favorite references
they would like to share with me. Mostly I've been sifting through
ACM-SIGPlan references in our library.