Re: visual parse (Jim Byrd)
16 Jan 1997 20:07:48 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
visual parse (Michael Roach) (1997-01-16)
Re: visual parse (1997-01-16)
Re: visual parse (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (1997-01-22)
Re: visual parse (John Lilley) (1997-01-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Jim Byrd)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Jan 1997 20:07:48 -0500

On 16 Jan 1997 11:05:35 -0500, Michael Roach <> wrote:

>Hello all,
>I just started using Visual Parse++ 2.0 by SandStone for Windows and
>have not had any luck in finding any discussions/resource sites for
>it. Anyone using it? I'm looking for some example grammer/code to help
>learn how to use it effectively.

Likewise. Here's the situation I'm working on: I have a grammar, and
I am *searching* a text for strings which happen to be described by
the grammar. VParse++ looks so powerful that it must actually be easy
to do. Can someone give me some pointers?

If anyone had any useful pointers, please send me an email also.
[I'd extend the grammar so it matches your strings surrounded by noise
words, so you can just crank the whole text through it. -John]