translating from Basic, was Examples in Lex & Yacc (Kevin Handy)
7 Jan 1997 12:19:34 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Examples in Lex & Yacc (Benoist PINCON) (1997-01-03)
translating from Basic, was Examples in Lex & Yacc (1997-01-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Kevin Handy)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 Jan 1997 12:19:34 -0500
>I have to make a basic-like translator to C, but i miss of
>good examples.

You didn't mention which variation of Basic you wanted to translate,
or your target platform. There are some translators being sold (search
the web for them using "+BASIC +TRANSLATOR")

I have started a Vax/Basic to C++ translator using Flex, Bison, and
C++. It is a long way from being fully functional, but it may give
you something to look at. Compiles on Linux, VMS (GNU-C++), and I have
compiled it on a PC (Borland C++) in the past.

You can find the last version I downloaded in the Free-VMS site

It is called btran, and you may also need the str package also.

I have been working on how it handles strings lately, so look at the
existing version, and if it looks usefull, let me know and I'll get
the current version a little more stable and download it for you.