Compiler at work visually !

amd@kuwait.net (AO)
26 Dec 1996 14:11:15 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler at work visually ! amd@kuwait.net (1996-12-26)
Re: Compiler at work visually ! cartegw@humsci.auburn.edu (1997-01-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: amd@kuwait.net (AO)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Dec 1996 14:11:15 -0500

I am looking for a sample compiler (preferably for Pascal) that have the
following features:

1. educational tool
2. visually demostarte the mechanics of the compiler (in simulation):
      a. front-end process (lex. analysis, etc.)
      b. back-end process (target code generation, etc.)
3. symbole table management (visulized meta4)
4. ineractive and user friendly

If such tool exists (or under investigation) I would be highlly
appreciative to get further info., and if it dose not exist, then I will
be doing it from scratch for pure educational purposes, as to be an
aiding tool for enhancing computer science students comprehenion re
compiler theory and compilers mechanics. And then it will be ("after
success") simply a free tool for all to use! :)

Thank you all in advance.
--
Ahmed Al-Olaimi
Computer Science Dept.