Re: Threadsafe parser generators? (Paul Evenblij)
15 Dec 1996 16:23:09 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Threadsafe parser generators? (Wilf Coles) (1996-12-07)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? (1996-12-09)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? (1996-12-10)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? (Chuck Rendleman) (1996-12-14)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? (Michael Meissner) (1996-12-15)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? (1996-12-15)
Re: Threadsafe parser generators? (Wilf Coles) (1996-12-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Paul Evenblij)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Dec 1996 16:23:09 -0500

<> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any threadsafe parser generators (for C),
> i.e. that will generate parsers to work in a multi threaded
> environment.

I don't know if this might help:

The Yeech! LALR(1) parser generator was designed to produce code
without globals; all non-constant data is kept in a "parser parameter
block", which contains references to the parsing tables as well, and
which is passed to the (safe) parser driver routine.

However, as I said, I don't know if this really helps you, since in
its present release Yeech! is a CodeWarrior plugin for Macintosh, and
no standalone is yet available, let alone versions for other
platforms. Furthermore, the generated code would still need a minor
tweak, in order to make the parser really threadsafe.

But thanks for bringing up the subject. I'll add this to my to-do list
for a future release of Yeech. (This is the C version. The C++ version
will be threadsafe by default.)

Paul Evenblij