Compiler positions available for week ending December 15

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
15 Dec 1996 16:22:41 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending December 15 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1996-12-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 15 Dec 1996 16:22:41 -0500

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: mathew@evolveinc.com (Greedy, Matthew)
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 22:09:46 -0800
Subject: Career Oppurtunities at Evolve Software, San Francisco

Hello we are a year old start-up company in San Francisco, CA, and we
are building a brand new architecture for a suite of enterprize wide
applications. We have some great openings that I think will be of
interest to any software engineer interested in cutting edge
technology. You will be working with some of the best architects in
the world. We will relocate and provide sponserships from any place
in the world.

We need a Senior Software Engineer for our Execution Team. This
person will need experiance with system engineering issues that deal
with compiler and interpreter issues and or virtual machine
technology, as well as such matters as workflow or dataflow system
issues. A background in systems engineering is applicable such as in
database systems, operating systems, real-time fault tolerant systems
(internals). You need to have commercial product implementation
experiance surrounding these issues. And at least 2 years of
professional experiance. You also need a strong understanding of
object oriented languages and design.

We also need a Team lead for the Execution Team. The requirements are
the same with the exception of having 1 year in a team lead position;
4 years of commercial experiance, as well as a masters in computer
science or its equivalent.

We also need a Tools Engineer. You would be on the team that
developed the backend tools and services that will run on top of the
framework. This requires programing in a high level modeling
language. You need to have strong OOP and OOD and have a good
understanding of compilers. 2-3 years of commercial experiance is a
must. We prefer a MSCS.

-------------------------------

From: bill.walster@Eng.Sun.COM
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 17:04:25 -0800
Subject: Fortran developer position at Sun

Wanted: Interval Fortran Compiler Developer

Job Description:

The first assignment for the person hired for this position will be to lead
an international team to implement interval arithmetic in a Fortran 90
front-end. This will consist of designing and implementing an interval
arithmetic extension to an existing Fortran 90 compiler front-end,
including:

- Expressions,
- Intrinsics,
- I/O,
- Run-time system, and
- Back-end interface.

It will be beneficial for the person holding this job to be an evangelist
for interval arithmetic, both inside and outside Sun.

The ideal candidate for this position will have the following skills,
experience, and interests:

- Fortran compiler front-end development,
- Familiarity with CRI Fortran 90 front-end,
- Interval arithmetic implementation,
- Numerical analysis,
- Interval analysis,
- C, and
- Solaris

The set of people having all these skills may be empty. If you have some
of the above and are interested, please send me your resume.

Bill Walster
Hiring Manager
+1 (415) 786-9004 (phone)
+1 (414) 786-9551 (fax)
bill.walster@eng.sun.com

-------------------------------

Subject: Help Wanted: permanent position at Intel (Oregon)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 96 17:42:09 PST
From: "Michael P. Gerlek" <gerlek@ibeam.jf.intel.com>

Intel's Microcomputer Software Lab in Portland, Oregon is looking for
highly motivated engineers to fill permanent positions in our growing
Compiler Prototyping Team.

The projects we are involved in center around performance analysis and
compiler development to target the unique features of Intel's next
generation processors. We are active in many areas of
state-of-the-art processor and compiler design efforts, including
benchmarking, compiler and architecture performance analysis, compiler
optimization prototyping (both middle and backend), application
analysis and optimization (including graphics), and architectural
evaluation.

The ideal candidate for our team will have:
    . experience in compiler optimizations
    . knowledge of computer architecture
    . a strong desire to learn new technologies and explore new ideas
    . ability to program in C, C++, or Fortran and familiarity UNIX or
        Windows NT
Other desirable qualifications include:
    . superior writing and speaking communication skills
    . familiarity with Intel Architecture hardware and software
        (e.g. Pentium or Pentium Pro processor code optimization)
    . computer systems architecture experience
    . VLIW architecture or compiler experience
    . computer graphics experience
    . performance analysis/benchmarking experience
Education requirements:
    . MS CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience

Questions and resumes (ascii or postscript only) should be sent by
email only to compjobs@ibeam.jf.intel.com. Recent graduates: please
include short (1 page) description of relevant thesis project or other
graduate work. No phone calls, please.