language syntax for representing concurrency

Thomas Dejanovic <thomasd@cisco.com>
1 Dec 1996 22:55:21 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
language syntax for representing concurrency thomasd@cisco.com (Thomas Dejanovic) (1996-12-01)
Re: language syntax for representing concurrency silver@zko.dec.com (Brian Silver) (1996-12-03)
Re: language syntax for representing concurrency bm@cs.columbia.edu (Blair MacIntyre) (1996-12-03)
Re: language syntax for representing concurrency leew@micrologic.com (1996-12-03)
Re: language syntax for representing concurrency gtr@ast.cam.ac.uk (Guy Rixon) (1996-12-07)
Re: language syntax for representing concurrency radenska@cs.uiuc.edu (Boyana Norris) (1996-12-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Thomas Dejanovic <thomasd@cisco.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.programming.threads
Date: 1 Dec 1996 22:55:21 -0500

hi all,

I'm in the process of designing a concurrent OO language. It will
probably end up being for my amusment only, but I have hopes :-)

Anyway I'm having trouble comming up with a clear readable syntax
to indicate concurrent processes. I do not want the system to
start from a single main and spawn all the threads, I want it to
start up with a number of treads executing concurrently and
comunicating with each other. These threads need not even be on
the same machine. however the code describing the threads or the
calls which invoke them may in fact be in the same file.

So does anyone have some neat ideas for representing such a
concept _clearly_ in an OO way in a language ?

This has probably been done before, so can people give examples
of existing syntax or tell me where I can find examples of
existing syntax?

thanks in advance.

reg's, thomas d.
--