ASN.1 interpreters

Enrico Badella <softstar@pol88a.polito.it>
6 Nov 1996 13:47:38 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ASN.1 interpreters softstar@pol88a.polito.it (Enrico Badella) (1996-11-06)
Re: ASN.1 interpreters plarsen@wolfenet.com (Peter Skjott Larsen) (1996-11-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Enrico Badella <softstar@pol88a.polito.it>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.protocols.iso
Date: 6 Nov 1996 13:47:38 -0500

Hello,

ASN.1 compilers are pretty consolidated tools but their problem is
mainly that every time you change a ASN.1 definition you need to
recompile everything.

I'm looking for some suggestions of free/commercial tools that
implement something like a ASN.1 interpreter. What I need is to create
a black box what uses a ASN.1 description file and converts to BER
some input parameters. Another problem could be related to passing
SEQUENCE OF values

Any suggestions? I'm not a compiler expert but have be playing a bit
with lex&yacc trying to find a solution.

HELP!

Enrico