Cameron Elliott <>
3 Nov 1996 00:26:55 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Superoptimizers? (Cameron Elliott) (1996-11-03)
Re: Superoptimizers? (1996-11-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Cameron Elliott <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Nov 1996 00:26:55 -0500

I am looking for papers and/or implementations of superoptimizers.
(Optimizers which attack the NP-complete problem of trying to reduce a
program graph to an optimal set of target processor instructions)

I have found only one reference, the Henry Massalin paper:

Henry Massalin: Superoptimizer - A Look at the Smallest
Program. ASPLOS 1987: 122-126

(If by chance this paper is online, please let me know,
otherwise I will have to aquire it from doc. delivery or other method)

Any pointers or references is appreciated. I will post a summary if
others are interested.

Cameron Elliott