Re: Any Object Pascal/Delphi grammars around? (A Johnstone)
30 Oct 1996 13:30:44 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Any Object Pascal/Delphi grammars around? (1996-10-25)
Re: Any Object Pascal/Delphi grammars around? (1996-10-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (A Johnstone)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,
Date: 30 Oct 1996 13:30:44 -0500

John F. Kaster ( wrote:
: I'm looking for a BNF, YACC, or EBNF grammar for Object Pascal or
: Delphi. I need to do some Delphi source code analysis for a client,
: and they need the code when I'm done. I was planning on using Visual
: Parse++ with whatever grammar I produce, so any opinions or experience
: with it would also be appreciated.

There's a working pascal EBNF description in the RDP distribution that
generates a parser for fairly straight level 0 Pascal with some
extensions to cope with some Borland skull-duggery. You might find it
useful as a starting point and you might like to use RDP as your
development tool. The 1.5 version is presently in beta release. You
might prefer the stable 1.4 version. Look at

or go the archive at

    Dr Adrian Johnstone, Dean of the Science Faculty, Dept of Computer Science,
        Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.
Email: Tel: +44 (0)1784 443425 Fax: +44 (0)1784 443420