Re: Flex for MSDOS or Windows

Rene Bakker <rbakker@amolf.nl>
15 Oct 1996 09:43:01 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Flex for MSDOS or Windows fd11@dial.pipex.com (Narinder Singh) (1996-10-03)
Re: Flex for MSDOS or Windows rbakker@amolf.nl (Rene Bakker) (1996-10-15)
Re: Flex for MSDOS or Windows WStreett@shell.monmouth.com (1996-10-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Rene Bakker <rbakker@amolf.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Oct 1996 09:43:01 -0400

Narinder Singh wrote:
> Has any one been able to compile Flex ver 2.5.4 in MSDOS? I've tried
> using the various make files that come with Flex, but with out any
> success. I am running Win 95 with Visual C/C++ ver 2.0 and also I have
> MS C ver 6.0 running under Win3.11. If any one knows where I can get a
> MSDOS version of Flex, please let me know

Yes, I have. I used Borland C++ 4.5 and used (I believe) the 4.0
makefile. It only had some trouble with sed (which I didn't have on
my system). I also tried it with Borland C++ 3.1 which wasn't
succesful (too much static memory). I'm using WfW 3.11. I don't know
why there's a difference between those compilers because static memory
remains static memory and in large memory model it's not getting
larger than 64K.

--
| Rene Bakker | FOM Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics |
| Digital engineer | Electronica & Informatica |