Re: code generator for VHDL?
13 Oct 1996 12:45:44 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
code generator for VHDL? (1996-10-12)
Re: code generator for VHDL? (1996-10-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Oct 1996 12:45:44 -0400
Organization:, Dallas, TX (214) 340-2020/(817) 226-2020 for info
>I need to hack a compiler (probably C, but not necessarily) to emit
>VHDL instead of assembly or machine instructions. ...

Have you looked at Small C? It is available in source code, and is not
too tough to mod its' code generator for different processors. It
don;t know about generating VHDL instead.

If you get someting to work I'd be interested. I'd be even more
interested if you had a VHDL compiler/simulator for Xilinx that was

Tim Olmstead