REQ: regular automaton design/validation tool

gilbert@pin.aar.alcatel-alsthom.fr (Frederic Gilbert)
10 Oct 1996 11:02:44 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
REQ: regular automaton design/validation tool gilbert@pin.aar.alcatel-alsthom.fr (1996-10-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: gilbert@pin.aar.alcatel-alsthom.fr (Frederic Gilbert)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Oct 1996 11:02:44 -0400

Hello,

a friend of mine is looking for an interactive tool to help her
designing, generating and validating grammars implementing regular
automata.

I have said 'interactive' because she is not familiar with tools like
lex and yacc. So if my first answer was 'write the grammar yourself and
validate it with lex/yacc', the point is she wants a tool easier to use
and that can help her in the grammar language design.

I hope I have been clear and wonder if such a thing exists ...
all suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your help, F. Gilbert.

Frederic GILBERT Frederic.Gilbert@aar.alcatel-alsthom.fr
ALCATEL ALSTHOM RECHERCHE
Route de Nozay Tel: +33 (1) 64 49 11 94
91 460, MARCOUSSIS, FRANCE Fax: +33 (1) 64 49 18 12