IEEE 695 info

Dale Beuning <dalus@eskimo.com>
22 Aug 1996 11:49:55 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help- symbol file formats 71223.776@compuserve.com (1996-08-21)
IEEE 695 info dalus@eskimo.com (Dale Beuning) (1996-08-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Dale Beuning <dalus@eskimo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Aug 1996 11:49:55 -0400

>I need the formats for either the intermetrics XDB or IEEE 695 symbol files.
>Any info or locations to look (WWW, FTP, etc.) would help.

You can find a parser in C for the IEEE 695 format (and most other
executable file formats) in the GNU distribution of Binutils.
Filename bfd/ieee.c.

The IEEE spec for 695 is not much good for anything as it is to vague.
The defacto standard for 695 is from HP/Microtec. I was able to get
an internal use only document from Microtec describing their implementation
of 695 and I have heard they are making this information more widely
available.

--
| Dale Beuning |
| email: dalus@eskimo.com |