Re: flex - solaris/linux problem

ngreen@plains.nodak.edu (Nathan D Green)
20 Aug 1996 15:01:40 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
flex - solaris/linux problem shindle@primenet.com (Steven Hindle) (1996-08-19)
Re: flex - solaris/linux problem ngreen@plains.nodak.edu (1996-08-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: ngreen@plains.nodak.edu (Nathan D Green)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Aug 1996 15:01:40 -0400

Steven Hindle (shindle@primenet.com) wrote:
: Everything seems fine, but when I run 'test' it just returns without doing
: anything. ( Note: I did use -I)

: The really screwy part is if I run it under gbd and break on 'main' then
: step....it works PERFECTLY !!??

: [Works fine on my BSD/OS box, is this maybe a shared library peculiarity?
: -John]

Much Simpler. 'test' is a built in shell command (for some shells). Gdb
can't see the built-in test, so it loads and runs the test in the current
directory.

To execute 'test', specify the path: './test'

The moral: Give your temporary executables descriptive names like 'a.out'.

--
Nathan Green (ngreen@plains.nodak.edu)
[About a dozen other people pointed this out as well. Thanks to all. -John]