Re: Smart textual editors

1 Aug 1996 15:05:55 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[7 earlier articles]
Re: Smart textual editors (Mihai Christodorescu) (1996-07-23)
Re: Smart textual editors (1996-07-24)
Re: Smart textual editors (Darius Blasband) (1996-07-24)
Re: Smart textual editors (1996-07-26)
Re: Smart textual editors (1996-08-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Aug 1996 15:05:55 -0400
> functionality. ( With a few exceptions: for example, I would like source
> code inside "#if 0 ... endif" to be displayed dimmed or something. )
> However, I feel that I could use better class browser than Visual C++ has.
> I would like IDE not only to generate class inheritance graphs but also to
> display ER-diagrams and usage, containment, instantiation relationships( in
> terms of Booch approach ). When you analize other people's source code such
> a browser could be very useful. I would greatly appreciate if somebody
> could point me to such a tool in PC ( NT ) environment.

If I am correct the latest edition of Borland C++ is supposed to do this.
It includes an ER modeller and probably supports OMT also. IMO that is the
gradual evolution of language DE and this might get more tighter in the

A good browser might be one from ACI-US called ObjectCenter or like.

It can read Microsoft browser format files and show more information than
VC++ does.
;-Balaji Srinivasa - Platinum Technology/Aston-Brooke Lab -