Re: Code Generator help needed

Francisco Arzu <farzu@kirika.uvg.edu.gt>
15 Jul 1996 11:50:04 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Code Generator help needed long@nortel.ca (lawrence (l.) ong) (1996-07-13)
Re: Code Generator help needed farzu@kirika.uvg.edu.gt (Francisco Arzu) (1996-07-15)
Re: Code Generator help needed gaul@ipd.info.uni-karlsruhe.de (Thilo S. Gaul) (1996-07-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Francisco Arzu <farzu@kirika.uvg.edu.gt>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Jul 1996 11:50:04 -0400

> I am looking for a code generator which can generate 80x86 assembly
> code from an IR, and the assembler which can assemble the generated

You can use IBURG, it is quite simple, but it is easy to use and the
code generator is very fast. LBURG is a variant of IBURG used to develop
Princeton's LCC C compiler.

Look for IBURG or LBURG at Princeton's FTP server. It is easy to find it
using the Computer Science Web Page. http://www.cs.princeton.edu
I am not shure, but the ftp URL is: ftp://ftp.cs.princton.edu/pub/iburg

In the LCC contributed code, you can find examples of code generator for
intel 386+ code for Linux and for 32 bits DOS and Windows.

You can also FTP an example I made for my students at:
ftp://uvg.edu.gt/pub/coco/examples/c1.zip
it is a simple C like language, it use Coco/R for C for its front-end,
and IBURG for its back-end. It is simple, but it can run on 8086 16 bits
procesors.

Frankie Arzu
Profesor, Computer Science Department
Universidad del Valle de Guatemala