Start a free C compiler for Z80

Stephane Corbe <>
26 Jun 1996 11:45:20 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Start a free C compiler for Z80 (Stephane Corbe) (1996-06-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Stephane Corbe <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Jun 1996 11:45:20 -0400

    In september I want to start a free C compiler for Z80, to do this I
want to modify bcc (a small version of GNU gcc for intel-8086 linux) to
  generate Z80 code. In a first step in Cross-Compiling (under 8086
Linux). And after, in a Z80 based machine.

So I suppose that about in January, I will need I/O and libraries for
all specific computers. Want someone write them with a not free C
compiler or better in assembler ? Want someone help me in this project ?

I accept all comments.

see for more explanations about

Stephane Corbe
CIT (Chiba), ENSMP (Paris), UVSQ (Versailles)