C->C compiler?

pinkus@comm.mot.com (Pinku Surana)
13 May 1996 14:27:07 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C->C compiler? pinkus@comm.mot.com (1996-05-13)
Re: C->C compiler? torbenm@diku.dk (1996-05-14)
Re: C->C compiler? ashish@usl.edu (Ashish Ashtekar) (1996-05-14)
Re: C->C compiler? sethml@ugcs.caltech.edu (1996-05-18)
Re: C->C compiler? stefan.monnier@lia.di.epfl.ch (Stefan Monnier) (1996-05-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: pinkus@comm.mot.com (Pinku Surana)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 May 1996 14:27:07 -0400

Is there a C->C compiler which optimizes C code? Many compilers for
cheap microcontrollers churn out awful code. Since I cannot depend on
these compilers to produce adequate code, I would like a compiler
which optimizes the C code into unintelligible, yet fast, C code. Then
I can use the compiler for the microcontroller to simply churn out
object code. Of course this isn't ideal, but without an adequate
compiler, I don't know of any other way to improve things.

Thanks,

Pinku Surana

--
Pinku Surana Software Technology Center