Summary of OOP Interprocedural Analysis references (M. Prakash Kumar)
29 Apr 1996 23:33:38 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Summary of OOP Interprocedural Analysis references (1996-04-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (M. Prakash Kumar)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Apr 1996 23:33:38 -0400

Hi folks,
  A couple of months back I posted the following message. In this post, I am
  summarizing the responses I got for the original message.
  Hope this is helpful. Thanks to everyone who responded.

#My original post:
# Hello,
# Can anyone point me to resources (papers/technical reports/tools) on
# Interprocedural Analysis for OO Programs.
# Thanks in advance
# -Prakash

These are the responses I got.

From Mon Nov 27 17:49 CST 1995

Check out the bibliography in

This is an expanded version of a paper in OOPSLA'94 which describes
an iterative context-sensitive flow analysis for object-oriented

other papers in the same directory give performance results
on standard benchmarks for a compiler using this analysis
and a set of related optimizations.

From Tue Nov 28 15:01 CST 1995

Try papers on "Self" from Stanford. They've done a lot of interprocedural
analysis to make their delegation based language nearly as fast as C
(better than C++!)

From Fri Dec 1 20:53 CST 1995

you probably are aware of the work done by Craig Chambers and his
gang at the University of Washington, but if not look at:

-- Jecel

From Mon Nov 27 07:56 CST 1995

You can get our paper on the topic from:

You can follow the references from that paper.

From Mon Nov 27 10:35 CST 1995

Professor Andrew Chien of UIUC is working in this area... check his
Web page (which should be accessible by working down through

Hope this helps,

John R. Grout Center for Supercomputing R & D

Also I found the following paper to be useful

An Extensible Program Representation for Object-Oriented Software,
Brian A. Malloy, J.D.McGregor, A. Krishnaswamy and M.MediKonda,
SigPlan Notices, December 1994, Vol. 29, No. 12, pp. 38-47.