Summary of OOP Interprocedural Analysis references

prakash@cis.uab.edu (M. Prakash Kumar)
29 Apr 1996 23:33:38 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Summary of OOP Interprocedural Analysis references prakash@cis.uab.edu (1996-04-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: prakash@cis.uab.edu (M. Prakash Kumar)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Apr 1996 23:33:38 -0400

Hi folks,
  A couple of months back I posted the following message. In this post, I am
  summarizing the responses I got for the original message.
  Hope this is helpful. Thanks to everyone who responded.
-prakash

#My original post:
# Hello,
# Can anyone point me to resources (papers/technical reports/tools) on
# Interprocedural Analysis for OO Programs.
# Thanks in advance
# -Prakash

These are the responses I got.
-----------------------------

(1)
From jplevyak@violet-femmes.cs.uiuc.edu Mon Nov 27 17:49 CST 1995

Check out the bibliography in

    http://www-csag.cs.uiuc.edu/papers/ifa-submit.ps

This is an expanded version of a paper in OOPSLA'94 which describes
an iterative context-sensitive flow analysis for object-oriented
programs.

other papers in the same directory give performance results
on standard benchmarks for a compiler using this analysis
and a set of related optimizations.

    http://www-csag.cs.uiuc.edu/papers/ifa-submit.ps

(2)
From paik@3dfx.com Tue Nov 28 15:01 CST 1995

Try papers on "Self" from Stanford. They've done a lot of interprocedural
analysis to make their delegation based language nearly as fast as C
(better than C++!)

Sam

(3)
From jecel@lsi.usp.br Fri Dec 1 20:53 CST 1995
Hi,

you probably are aware of the work done by Craig Chambers and his
gang at the University of Washington, but if not look at:

        http://www.cs.washington.edu/people/faculty/chambers.html

-- Jecel

(4)
From diwan@kiwi.cs.umass.edu Mon Nov 27 07:56 CST 1995

You can get our paper on the topic from:
http://www.cs.umass.edu/~diwan/

You can follow the references from that paper.
        Amer

(5)
From j-grout@coewl.cen.uiuc.edu Mon Nov 27 10:35 CST 1995

Professor Andrew Chien of UIUC is working in this area... check his
Web page (which should be accessible by working down through
"http://www.cs.uiuc.edu").

Hope this helps,

John R. Grout Center for Supercomputing R & D j-grout@uiuc.edu

(6)
Also I found the following paper to be useful

An Extensible Program Representation for Object-Oriented Software,
Brian A. Malloy, J.D.McGregor, A. Krishnaswamy and M.MediKonda,
SigPlan Notices, December 1994, Vol. 29, No. 12, pp. 38-47.