PLDI, ICFP hotels? roommates? (FCRC Philadelphia) (John Marshall)
29 Apr 1996 23:27:22 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PLDI, ICFP hotels? roommates? (FCRC Philadelphia) (1996-04-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (John Marshall)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,,comp.lang.functional
Date: 29 Apr 1996 23:27:22 -0400

I'm going to PLDI and ICFP and whatever else takes my fancy in Philadelphia
from 21 May until the 26th. Being a poor New Zealander, I've booked a room
in the $63 hotel 13 blocks away from the conference centre. However, I've
got the feeling that I've done the wrong thing. I feel like I'm going to
be stuck miles away from the action with nobody to talk to.

I know I've left this pretty late, but:

(1) Would anyone like to lower their costs too by sharing a room at either
of the two close-in hotels? (I'm a 25 year old non-smoking male.)

(2) Can anyone reassure me by saying "13 blocks isn't so far, and besides
I know heaps of people who are going to be staying there"?

John Marshall <>
PEC (NZ) Ltd, Marton, New Zealand.
[Hmmn, 13 Philadelphia blocks is kind of a long way. Hope there's a bus. -John]