Need decompiler for veryyy old code....

Arlene Procunier <>
18 Apr 1996 00:36:54 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need decompiler for veryyy old code.... (Arlene Procunier) (1996-04-18)
Lost Cobol source (1996-04-19)
Re: Need decompiler for veryyy old code.... (1996-04-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Arlene Procunier <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Apr 1996 00:36:54 -0400

Currently I am undertaking to modify some very old IBM code (at least
20 years old. I believe that the code is either Assembler or Cobol.

Would you be able to help me? We do have Smarttest installed in our
instalation and I heard we may be able to use this tool if all else

I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks so much

Arlene Procunier
[Turning object code back into assembler is relatively
straightforward. Turning it back into Cobol is pretty close to
impossible. -John]