Re: Chaitin's Paper on Register Allocation

dlmoore@ix.netcom.com (David L Moore)
16 Apr 1996 22:28:05 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Chaitin's Paper on Register Allocation ashish@usl.edu (Ashish Ashtekar) (1996-04-11)
Re: Chaitin's Paper on Register Allocation preston@tera.com (1996-04-13)
Re: Chaitin's Paper on Register Allocation dlmoore@ix.netcom.com (1996-04-16)
Re: ACM CDROM's (was: Re: Chaitin's Paper on Register Allocation hbaker@netcom.com (1996-04-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: dlmoore@ix.netcom.com (David L Moore)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Apr 1996 22:28:05 -0400

> In the library! It's that big building in the middle of campus with
> all the paper in it. The proceedings of that particular conference
> were issued as Sigplan Notices, Volume 17(6), June 1982.
>
> All the other Compiler Construction conferences (now called
> Programming Language Design and Implementation, or PLDI) are also
> printed as issues of Sigplan Notices (as are the proceeding of OOPSLA,
> ASPLOS, and some other things).

All the OOPSLA proceedings are supposed to be coming out on CDROM,
although when I rang up headquarters the other day they said "real
soon now". It would be real useful to get POPL, PLDI, etc available in
that format too. Even though I in theory have them back to 1977, I
find in practice laying hands on a given proceedings can sometimes be
difficult. Just last week I was unable to find Glanville/Graham even
though I know which notices it should be in - hopefully it is hiding
in a box in the attic rather than completely lost.

Does anyone know if this is being worked on? If not, perhaps it can be
done if enough of us volunteer some of our time.

(Of course, getting the entire ouvre of the ACM onto CDROM would be an
even more valuable contribution to the discipline)