Retargeting lcc for our architecture

gt0116d@prism.gatech.edu (Jesse Leonard Marlin)
13 Apr 1996 23:04:11 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Retargeting lcc for our architecture gt0116d@prism.gatech.edu (1996-04-13)
Re: Retargeting lcc for our architecture cwf@research.att.com (Chris Fraser) (1996-04-14)
Re: Retargeting lcc for our architecture wirthlim@fpga.ee.byu.edu (Michael J. Wirthlin) (1996-04-16)
lcc with other languages? larryr@cybergate.com (Larry Rau) (1996-04-16)
Re: Retargeting lcc for our architecture rmeenaks@bfm.com (1996-04-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: gt0116d@prism.gatech.edu (Jesse Leonard Marlin)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Apr 1996 23:04:11 -0400

In our senior design course we designed a microprocessor, without
going into the specifics of the design we are interested in finding
some info on retargeting it with lcc. In general the steps involved
in redesigning the compiler. We have looked at the source code and it
is a lot to take in one quarter. I wonder if there are specific files
that we are supposed to modify. The processor is based on MIPS
architecture. Any help related to this would be greatly
appreciated. Also I have looked at the lcc home page and have bought
the book (A Retargetable C Compiler, by Hanson and Fraser), they are
both cryptic in describing the steps needed in retargeting. They tend
to describe the steps in designing a compiler. Thanks in advance.

l8er