Re: A CD-ROM for compiler developers

Ramesh Narayanaswamy <ramesh@zycad.com>
14 Mar 1996 17:02:06 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
A CD-ROM for compiler developers pjmlp@students.fct.unl.pt (1996-03-11)
Re: A CD-ROM for compiler developers ganswijk@xs4all.nl (Jaap van Ganswijk) (1996-03-14)
Re: A CD-ROM for compiler developers ramesh@zycad.com (Ramesh Narayanaswamy) (1996-03-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Ramesh Narayanaswamy <ramesh@zycad.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Mar 1996 17:02:06 -0500

Paulo Jose Matos Lopes Pinto - Aluno Eng. Informatica wrote:

> I'm preparing a work about new themes for CD-ROMs.
> I think that a CD-ROM containing compiler tools would be great to the
> compiler development community. That CD would contain lexical
> analizers, parsers, source code for interpreters and compilers.
> What I want is that you post to the comp.compilers or email me,
> telling your opinion about a CD-ROM of this kind.

There is a CDROM from Prime Time Freeware titled Prime Time Freeware
for Unix (version 4-2 is the latest) that contains all sorts of public
domain goodies including an extensive language section with tools like
flex, bison, Cocktail Toolkit, etc. and sources of an enormous number
of language compilers/interpreters etc. They pack other topics like
docprep, cad, databases etc. onto the CDs (4 ?) that constitute the
release which costs $50. You can check out the contents etc. on their
home page http://www.cfcl.com/ptf/.