Re: Algol68 compiler ? (Thilo Schmid)
3 Mar 1996 19:29:16 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[4 earlier articles]
Algol68 compiler ? (Dave Lloyd) (1996-02-21)
Algol68 compiler ? (Derek M Jones) (1996-02-22)
Re: Algol68 compiler ? (Dave Lloyd) (1996-02-23)
Re: Algol68 compiler ? (1996-02-23)
Re: Algol68 compiler ? (1996-03-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Thilo Schmid)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Mar 1996 19:29:16 -0500

Dave Lloyd wrote:

> I also have forgotten who did it, but they produced a thing called
> CTRANS which converted A68RS into inpenetrable C. I heard that said
> company went bust a while back, and that CTRANS was put into the
> public domain as part of the support for MALPAS (something close to
> RSRE's heart)...

Have a look at The
company you have tried to remember was probably OCCL.

It's funny to me that ALGOL68 is still alive. I thought it wasn't. When I
first met ALGOL68 in 1984, I began to love programming languages and

I hit this thread and this newsgroup by mere accident. But now I will
continue to watch it.

Thilo Schmid
KHK Software
Frankfurt, Germany