Compiler positions available for week ending March 3

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
3 Mar 1996 19:09:57 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending March 3 compilers@iecc.com (2002-03-09)
Compiler positions available for week ending March 3 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1996-03-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 3 Mar 1996 19:09:57 -0500

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Liz Baxter <lbaxter@aa.net>
Subject: US - WA, Seattle - Compiler Developers & QA Engineers
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 16:43:37 -0800

bsquare consulting, inc. is an engineering and project management
consulting company focused on program development tools. We provide
experienced, can do consultants in areas relating to compiler
development. This includes the development, re-hosting and
re-targeting of program development tools and associated runtime
libraries. We have compiler code generation and optimization
experience and have applied it to Windows NT and Unix.

bsquare consulting, inc. specializes in developing Microsoft Visual
C++ compatible software development tools for non-traditional targets.
If you would like to work for an informal, hard working, small company
on cutting-edge technology, bsquare is the company for you.

Open Areas
We have an immediate need for personnel in Bellevue, Washington in the
following areas:
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN COMPILER DEVELOPMENT
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TOOLS DEVELOPMENT
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN QUALITY ASSURANCE

Minimum Qualifications
* Ability to deliver projects on time
* Ability to work in a team oriented environment
* Ability to take constructive criticism
* Ability to take responsibility and make decisions
* Strong C/C++ skills
* BS degree in CS or equivalent
* Willingness to work in the Seattle, Washington area

Specific Qualifications
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN COMPILER DEVELOPMENT
* Minimum of 2 years of industry experience
* Experience with code generation for RISC and CISC processor
architectures
* Willingness and ability to maintain and adapt existing code base as
well as develop new technology
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TOOLS DEVELOPMENT
* Minimum of 1 year of industry experience
* Experience with debuggers, linkers, assemblers, C/C++ runtime
libraries and related tools
* Willingness and ability to maintain and adapt existing code base as
well as develop new technology
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN QUALITY ASSURANCE
* Minimum 3 years of industry experience
* Ability to write tests based on design specifications and end-user
documentation
* Experience in testing software development tools a plus
* Thoroughness in analyzing and reporting test results
* Ability to establish and follow-through with regular testing
procedures

How to Apply
If you feel qualified and this sounds interesting to you, either mail
your resume to:

Personnel
bsquare consulting, inc.
13228 NE 20th Street, Suite C
Bellevue, WA 98005

or fax it to (206) 644-8057,
or e-mail it to lbaxter@aa.net

We even have a web page: http://www.aa.net/~peterg/index.html

-------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 96 07:54:04 PST
From: "John Madsen, NTSGwest Staffing - DTN 548-8750" <madsen@decwet.ENET.dec.com>
Subject: Compiler positions a DEC in Bellevue WA

Compiler Engineers (2) - Seattle Area

Digital Equipment Corporation's software development facility located
in Bellevue, WA has immediate needs for experienced compiler
engineers. You'll work with our Visual C++ for Windows NT Alpha team
in the development of C and C++ compilers.

Required: - BSCS or equivalent and 5 years C/C++ experience
in system-level programming
- In-depth experience in at least two compilers for
high-level languages, preferably with applicable
experience in code generation and optimization.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to
share your knowledge with junior members of the team.

Desirable: - Two years experience with Windows NT on any platform.
- Familiarity with Microsoft's Visual C++ development
environment on any platform.

          Note: - We are looking for a minimum of two years compiler
back-end development experience. Unfortuantely,
we do not have opportunities for new/recent grads.

Interested individuals are invited to forward their resumes for
immediate consideration to:

Digital Equipment Corporation
14475 NE 24th Street
Bellevue, WA 98007
Attn: Staffing, job# SEO009

Fax: (206)865-8890
email: madsen@zso.dec.com

Digital is an Affirmative Action Employer. Principals only, please.

-------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 Mar 1996 08:53:51 -0500
From: Paul Silver <silver@chrysalis.com>
Subject: Verilog VHDL position at Chrysalis near Boston

There's opportunity for experienced compiler engineers an unusual
start-up company. Attached is some information about that company, its
revolutionary products, and some career opportunities. Chrysalis
Symbolic Design, Inc. delivers innovative software products to the
Electronic Computer Aided Design (ECAD)/ Electronic Design Automation
(EDA) markets. These products employ a unique SYMBOLIC LOGIC(tm)
technology that accelerates our algorithms, allowing formal
verification of digital circuits with upwards of 600,000 gates.
Leading companies like Advanced Micro Devices, IBM MicroElectronics,
Hewlett Packard, Cray Research, Silicon Graphics, and Toshiba use our
production-proven formal verification tool to move their products to
market in a shorter time, with less cost and higher confidence.

Our proprietary SYMBOLIC LOGIC(tm) technology gives us growth
opportunities for many innovative ECAD tools. Chrysalis has openings
for those soon-to-be MS/PhD recipients who can take a proven new
technology and create new products. Chrysalis headquarters is in
suburban Boston (Billerica). Equal opportunity
employer. Representative sample of current openings include:

Verilog/VHDL Compiler, Synthesis Engineers

Job Duties: As team member, contribute to product design,
definition, needs assessment, requirements analysis, enhancement and
debugging. Projects may include work on a design translator,
improving the symbol mapping algorithm, code optimization, I/O, etc.
Work with marketing to determine features for next generation
products.

Job Requirements: This position requires software engineering
experience in a UNIX and C environment, and familiarity with Verilog
or VHDL, BS/MS/PhD in CS, CE, EE, Math or Physics. This is a
generalist position requiring design and debug work. Experience and
knowledge of hardware, particularly IC's is a plus; as is experience
with RTL synthesis, and formal methods.

Additional information about the company and its products can be found
at http://www.chrysalis.com. Resumes should be directed to Paul Silver
at the address below.

Regards,
Paul Silver (508) 436-9909 xtn 116
Human Resources Dept. (508) 436-9697 fax
Chrysalis Symbolic Design, Inc. silver@chrysalis.com
5 Billerica Park
N. Billerica MA 01862