Journal of C Language Translation, penultimate issue (John R Levine)
1 Mar 1996 18:07:20 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Journal of C Language Translation, penultimate issue (1996-03-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (John R Levine)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c,comp.lang.c++,comp.std.c
Date: 1 Mar 1996 18:07:20 -0500

The considerably delayed March 1995 issue of the Journal of C Language
Translation, which I publish in the few minutes of the day I don't
spend moderating comp.compilers, has finally been published. The
table of contents is reproduced below.

The JCLT is a quarterly journal covering topics of interest to C and
C++ implementors. Subscriptions cost money; see for

The next issue, Vol 6, No 4, which I hope to publish around the
beginning of April, will almost certainly be the last unless I get a
flood of submissions. The number of articles submitted (other than by
the regular columnists) for publication during the past year has
dwindled nearly to zero, and lacking material, there's not much point
in trying to publish. This was a surprise to me, since I'd expected
interest to pick up as work on the next version of the C standard
picks up.

Back issues will remain available, of course.

John Levine,, Trumansburg NY

{Vol 6, #3 -- March, 1995}

15. Templates in C++ --- P.J. Plauger

The theory and practice of C++ templates

16. C Standards Update --- Douglas A. Gwyn

Gwyn lists another set of changes to the C Standard

17. A Graphical Model of the Standard C Type System --- Paul Long

C types illustrated

18. Standardizing C++: 1994 Part 3 --- John Micco

WG21+X3J16 continues to evolve the C++ language specification

19. Numerical Issues --- Fred Tydeman

NCEG finishes its work, and Pentiums have a bug.

20. Miscellanea --- John Levine

The usual calendar of events, news, products, and services