Algol68 compiler ?

Dave Lloyd <dave@occl-cam.demon.co.uk>
21 Feb 1996 21:55:31 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Algol68 compiler ? news@chaos.kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be (1996-02-19)
Re: Algol68 compiler ? Arthur.Chance@Smallworld.co.uk (1996-02-21)
Re: Algol68 compiler ? ag129@ucs.cam.ac.uk (1996-02-21)
Re: Algol68 compiler ? Roger@natron.demon.co.uk (Roger Barnett) (1996-02-21)
Algol68 compiler ? dave@occl-cam.demon.co.uk (Dave Lloyd) (1996-02-21)
Algol68 compiler ? derek@knosof.co.uk (Derek M Jones) (1996-02-22)
Re: Algol68 compiler ? dave@occl-cam.demon.co.uk (Dave Lloyd) (1996-02-23)
Re: Algol68 compiler ? pat@ktgroup.co.uk (1996-02-23)
Re: Algol68 compiler ? aap@praxis.co.uk (1996-02-23)
Re: Algol68 compiler ? neitzel@gaertner.de (1996-02-23)
Re: Algol68 compiler ? Thilo.Schmid@t-online.de (1996-03-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Dave Lloyd <dave@occl-cam.demon.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 Feb 1996 21:55:31 -0500

Some years back we put out one of our early Algol 68 compilers as
PD. This was a bit before the Net took root, and I don't think there
was much takeup. Said compiler was a little restricted (but not as
restricted as the official sublanguage). It was also not very fast
(interpreted). If there is any interest, email me and I'll dig around
my archive tapes and see what I can find. Needless to say, such a
compiler will be completely unsupported and has very skimpy docs.

Alternatively we can sell you a jolly good, optimised, well supported
Algol 68 compiler with documentation and toolset for a PC or SUN (or
even transputers). Not especially cheap, but we do have to make a
living so we can keep on playing with compilers <g>. Again, email me
for details.

Regards,
Dave Lloyd Email: Dave@occl-cam.demon.co.uk
Oxford and Cambridge Compilers Ltd Phone: (44) 1223 572074
55 Brampton Rd, Cambridge CB1 3HJ, UK