Re: ECOFF Dumper?

Michael Meissner <meissner@cygnus.com>
14 Feb 1996 21:30:30 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ECOFF Dumper? nagler_robert@tandem.com (1996-02-09)
Re: ECOFF Dumper? imp@village.org (Warner Losh) (1996-02-10)
Re: ECOFF Dumper? meissner@cygnus.com (Michael Meissner) (1996-02-14)
Re: ECOFF Dumper? taj@vanbc.wimsey.com (1996-02-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Michael Meissner <meissner@cygnus.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Feb 1996 21:30:30 -0500

| I am looking for a program that dumps the contents of an ECOFF binary.
| I'm particularly interested in the line number information, but a full
| dumper would be great. Thanks.

I see somebody else mentioned objdump in the GNU binutils package. A
more specific ecoff dumper that knows about the line number format and
such is the program mips-tdump, which is inside the GCC (GNU Compiler)
package that I wrote a couple of years ago so that I could write
mips-tfile, which allows the GNU C compiler to insert debug
information into object files produced by the MIPS assembler (which
provided no way of third party compilers from creating debug
information other than line numbers). I haven't worked on mips-tdump
in a couple of years, though.....

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Support (East Coast)
Suite 105, 48 Grove Street, Somerville, MA 02144, USA