Re: Run-time Symbol Table Management (Michael Meissner)
9 Feb 1996 14:20:22 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Run-time Symbol Table Management (Srikanth Malladi) (1996-01-30)
Re: Run-time Symbol Table Management (1996-02-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Michael Meissner)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Feb 1996 14:20:22 -0500

Srikanth Malladi <> writes:
| My thesis work involves dealing with run-time symbol table management
| and symbol table size. I couldn't gather much information about them.
| Are there any archive sites where I can get information on the above?
| Any help will be appreciated.

If you are looking for fancy ways to do symbol tables & lookups, you
might search under databases, which as I recall has things like
dynamically growing hash tables without rehash the elements (perl uses
something like this), and of course B+ trees, etc.

Michael Meissner, Cygnus Support (East Coast)
Suite 105, 48 Grove Street, Somerville, MA 02144, USA, 617-629-3016 (office), 617-629-3010 (fax)