Re: LL(1) and common-heads...

U-E59264-Osman Buyukisik <Osman.Buyukisik@ae.ge.com>
15 Jan 1996 21:01:11 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
LL(1) and common-heads... p8uu@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca (1995-12-28)
LL(1) and common-heads... deakjahn@ludens.elte.hu (Gabor DEAK JAHN) (1995-12-30)
Re: LL(1) and common-heads... mparks@oz.net (1996-01-12)
Re: LL(1) and common-heads... d.sand@ix.netcom.com (1996-01-14)
Re: LL(1) and common-heads... Osman.Buyukisik@ae.ge.com (U-E59264-Osman Buyukisik) (1996-01-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: U-E59264-Osman Buyukisik <Osman.Buyukisik@ae.ge.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Jan 1996 21:01:11 -0500

>Hi all, I've written an actual assembler for this new OS that
>a bunch of us are trying to get off the ground (originally from
>r.g.p.). Anyhow, the assembler works fine, but I'm not using any
>parsing algorithms like LL(1) or SLR. I was wondering if it would be
>of any use writing it using LL(1). Or would anyone suggest a better
>algorithm?

Maybe Norman Ramsey & Mary Fernandez's NJ Machine Code Toolkit would
be useful. Check out URL : http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/nr/toolkit/
A quote from one of their papers:
`` The New Jersey Machine-Code Toolkit helps programmers write
applications that process machine code- asemblers, disassemblers, code
generators, tracers, profiles, and debuggers. ''

Osman