yyless source AT&T or adaptation for flex

Frederic Cudel <Frederic.Cudel@imag.fr>
9 Dec 1995 19:46:23 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
yyless source AT&T or adaptation for flex Frederic.Cudel@imag.fr (Frederic Cudel) (1995-12-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Frederic Cudel <Frederic.Cudel@imag.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Dec 1995 19:46:23 -0500

Do you known the yyless implementation which give a complete
compatibility whith flex. In effect I have a file.l lex which give
good result on a sun after generation of lex.yy.c and a bad result
with a flex generation (On HP and Linux) I think that yyless don't
give the same result in this two environement. Any information on
this problem greathly appreciated Thanks
[Lex copies the token into a separate buffer, while flex just make a pointer
into the I/O buffer. This sometimes causes problems in sloppy code. -John]