What is "lambda lifting"?

md94-tar@nada.kth.se (Tomas Arvidsson)
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 04:02:17 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
What is "lambda lifting"? md94-tar@nada.kth.se (1995-11-09)
Re: What is "lambda lifting"? hbaker@netcom.com (1995-11-12)
Re: What is "lambda lifting"? jue@cs.tu-berlin.de (1995-11-13)
Re: What is "lambda lifting"? johnsson@cs.chalmers.se (1995-12-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: md94-tar@nada.kth.se (Tomas Arvidsson)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 04:02:17 GMT

In Marc Feeleys and James S. Millers report on their "Parallel Virtual
Machine for Efficient Scheme Compilation" (PVM) they use the term
"lambda lifting" several times (in conjunction with front end
optimizations) and I just can't find out what it means.

I have looked in what books and technical reports I have available but
so far I have found nothing so if anybody could enlighten me I would
be grateful.

BTW, if anyone have some information about the results, if any, of the
"Future Plans" that are mentiond in the report, especially about
compiling imperative languages to PVM, and like to share them with me
then I would be even more grateful...

Cheers,

--
Tomas Arvidson *** md94-tar@nada.kth.se * d91tar@csd.uu.se ***