|AFGL system available firstname.lastname@example.org (1995-10-31)|
|Keywords:||tools, parse, available|
|Date:||Tue, 31 Oct 1995 11:00:11 GMT|
The AGFL-system is a collection of software systems for
Natural Language Processing, based on the AGFL-formalism
(Affix Grammars over Finite Lattices).
The AGFL-system consists of a compiler generating efficient parsers
for ambiguous grammars and a tool for the development and analysis
We are pleased to announce that version 1.5 of the AGFL-system
is now available on the net. The following new features have been
implemented (since v1.4):
* The LEXGEN lexicon system has been integrated with the GEN parser
generator. Parsers can now use large lexical databases in an
* It is now possible to specify open classes of words using
wildcards. You can use this feature for making your grammars robust
against input containing erroneous fragments.
* You can choose between word parsing and prefix parsing.
* The handling of layout in input sentences has been improved.
* It is possible to have lists of alternative words occur in the
input on one position.
* It is possible to view the lexical network determined by an input
* Support for non-latin characters has been implemented. It is
possible to use accents, Greek, Cyrillic and Arabic characters.
* A version for Solaris is available.
We invite you to have a look at our WWW-site:
The AGFL-system is available at our WWW-site or by anynymous ftp at
in the directory
On behalf of the AGFL project group,
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.