Re: Need help about SUIF

sethml@sloth.ugcs.caltech.edu (Seth M. LaForge)
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 08:41:04 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need help about SUIF chiaoyu@csie.nctu.edu.tw (1995-10-02)
Re: Need help about SUIF sethml@sloth.ugcs.caltech.edu (1995-10-13)
Re: Need help about SUIF martelli@cadlab.cadlab.it (1995-10-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: sethml@sloth.ugcs.caltech.edu (Seth M. LaForge)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 08:41:04 GMT

Chen <chiaoyu@csie.nctu.edu.tw> wrote:
>I just got the SUIF(Stanford's P-Compiler environment) package and failed
>to `make` it successfully on my system.(Can't pass gcc)
>Here are my environments.
> MACHINE: SPARC
> Kernel : SunOS 4.1.4
> gcc/g++: 2.6.3
> libg++ : 2.6
> GNU make: 3.74
>I wonder if there is someone who had ever `make` SUIF on the
>same or similar environment? Does it work successfully?

I haven't compiled SUIF for Sparc, but I have for Linux and HP-UX (the
latter was a royal pain), so I can give you some advice.

I'm assuming you're trying to compile SUIF 1.0.1. You must use gcc
2.5.8 to compile SUIF 1.0.1. Unfortunately much of the SUIF code was
written before C++ was anywhere near standardized, and it violates
privacy issues right and left (but gcc 2.5.8 allows the violations).

Otherwise, there shouldn't be too many pitfalls on a SunOS machine.
Good luck!

Seth