Q: T-gen or other Smalltalk parser generators ?

Czeslaw Kazimierczak <czeslaw@diku.dk>
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 22:47:42 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Q: T-gen or other Smalltalk parser generators ? czeslaw@diku.dk (Czeslaw Kazimierczak) (1995-10-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Czeslaw Kazimierczak <czeslaw@diku.dk>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 22:47:42 GMT

Hello,

We are looking for a tool for the the automatic generation of
string-to-string (or objects) translators. In particular, we would
like to scan C++, Pascal, and Smalltalk source programs and translate
them into some higher-level (textual) descriptions (or objects).

We would like the generator to emit the code in Smalltalk, as we
would like to integrate resulting translators into our tool which is
written in Smalltalk as well.

We have recently found out about T-gen. In order to evaluate the tool
we need the following info:

1. Are there any C++, Pascal, or Smalltalk grammars that were
developed for or can be accepted by T-gen (LL/LR(1)) ?

2. Has anybody used T-gen for larger projects like the one we plan ?

3. Do you know of any T-gen ports to the Digital Smalltalk/V system ?

4. Are there any other translator generating tools that emit the code
in Smalltalk ?

Any feedback from you will be greatly appreciated !

--Czeslaw Kazimierczak

Danish Technological Institute
Centre of Data Systems
Gregersensvej