PC and/or Mac lex and yacc tools?

dese@iquest.com (Jim Kirkpatrick)
Fri, 25 Aug 1995 16:14:56 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PC and/or Mac lex and yacc tools? dese@iquest.com (1995-08-25)
Re: PC and/or Mac lex and yacc tools? tim@franck.Princeton.EDU (1995-08-30)
RE: PC and/or Mac lex and yacc tools? venkateswr@po4.net.cho.ge.com (Venkateswara Rao) (1995-08-30)
Re: PC and/or Mac lex and yacc tools? sunguat!assist!frankie@Sun.COM (1995-09-04)
Re: PC and/or Mac lex and yacc tools? comspec@xmission.com (Jake Helfert) (1995-09-07)
Re: PC and/or Mac lex and yacc tools? grosch@cocolab.sub.com (1995-09-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: dese@iquest.com (Jim Kirkpatrick)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 16:14:56 GMT

Hi,

    I have a lex/yacc translator application that was developed on an SG
(Irix 5.2) and I am interested in "porting" it to a PC, Mac, or both.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best accomplish this?

I have seen the comp.compilers.tools.pccts group and have posted a
similar message there (the pccts system obviously looks like it is a
possibility but I know nothing of it beyond what I read in the FAQ).

The only candidates I have heard of so far (other than pccts) are pclex
and pcyacc, from Abraxas Software. They were mentioned in the O'Reilly
lex & yacc manual. Any comments?

    Thanks,
        JK
--