Tool for Function/Method call analysis?

test-owner@ida.his.se (Jonas Mellin)
Fri, 4 Aug 1995 11:45:26 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tool for Function/Method call analysis? test-owner@ida.his.se (1995-08-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.compilers,comp.software-eng
From: test-owner@ida.his.se (Jonas Mellin)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 11:45:26 GMT

I am looking for a tool like cflow (or possibly cxref)
(SunOS 4.x.y command and in SPARCworks for Solaris 2.x) that produces
a text based call graph
for C++. SPARCworks is able to produce nice graphical callgraphs, but
a) it's pretty slow b) I have 25000+ lines of C++ code and the SPARCworks
requires you to do a callgraph for each function/method (if you want to
have a readable output).

Does anyone out there know of such a tool? (preferrably public domain, but
commercial tools are OK too) If so, please send an email to me.

|E-mail:jonas.mellin@ida.his.se
|URL:http://www.his.se/ida/~jonas
|Phone: +46 500 46 47 21
|Fax: +46 500 46 47 25
Snailmail: Jonas Mellin,Hogskolan i Skovde, Box 408, 541 28 Skovde, Sweden