dataflow visualization tool available

Michael Wolfe <mwolfe@cse.ogi.edu>
Thu, 3 Aug 1995 22:01:17 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
dataflow visualization tool available mwolfe@cse.ogi.edu (Michael Wolfe) (1995-08-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Michael Wolfe <mwolfe@cse.ogi.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 22:01:17 GMT

We have developed a tool to graphically display solutions to
data-flow equations given a flow graph, a list of simple assignments
at each node, and a system of data-flow equations. We have used this
in a class to show how data-flow systems converge, for instance. We
have also demonstrated that the Morel/Renvoise partial redundancy
elimination method is not really bidirectional, and when cast in
terms of edges the forward component vanishes completely; in the
Knoop, Ruthing, Steffan Safe/Earliest formulation of PRE, the
Earliest system can be solved as a direct equation given the solution
to the Safe system.

Our system uses X-windows and the Motif library; it is written in C++
with a lex/yacc parser. More information, and a sample image, as
well as a pointer to the source via anonymous ftp are available at
http://www.cse.ogi.edu/Sparse/dflo.html

--
- Michael Wolfe