Interactive Parsing

Yves Dufournaud <yves.dufournaud@imag.fr>
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 15:37:21 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Interactive Parsing im99_foa@nada.kth.se (Marielle Fois) (2000-07-27)
Interactive Parsing yves.dufournaud@imag.fr (Yves Dufournaud) (1995-08-01)
Re: Interactive Parsing johnm@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (1995-08-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Yves Dufournaud <yves.dufournaud@imag.fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 15:37:21 GMT

Hi there,

I'd like to do interactive parsing, ie you parse once, the user modify slightly
the input, the goal is to reparse as few as possible the input text before
rebuilding the abstract tree ( speed is important). I assume I know where the
text was changed.

Does someone know if some works as already done on this idea, and if any
where it can be found.

This is a general question, I have some specific application in mind, but I'd
like a general purpose answer. I'd like do to such parsing with LR grammar.

thank in advance.

--
Yves Dufournaud Yves.Dufournaud@imag.fr Stagiaire au Lifia Grenoble France
[There was a series of articles on incremental lexing and LR parsing a