Re: Object File Extractions (Itai Nahshon)
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 18:26:14 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Object File Extractions (1995-07-20)
Re: Object File Extractions (1995-07-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: (Itai Nahshon)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 18:26:14 GMT (Christopher Traynor) writes:

>I've been looking at the BFD library in order to get an idea
>how difficult it would be to extract a function or symbol from
>an object file and write it out to another (new) object file.

There are some standards and many flavours of object file formats.
Which one (and on which operating system) are you trying to break
the object files?

In general, what you want is not easy to do.
If you have a good disassembler (one that you can assemble
its output and get a working object) I suggest that you use it.

Itai Nahshon